You can control your in-game purchases with a password or other blocking methods available on your device.
For iOS devices:
- Go to device settings -> General -> Restrictions.
- Press “Enable Restrictions”.
- Create and remember a password for the “Restrictions” feature, then confirm it. It is recommended that you use a different password to the one you use to unlock the device.
- After selecting "Enable Restrictions", you will see a list of allowed objects on your device. To only turn off in-app purchases, disable the In-app purchases option.
If you do not want to completely turn off purchases, you can set up a password that will be requested each time you make an in-app purchase. To change these settings, go to the device settings -> App Store, iTunes Store -> Password Settings.
You can also read more about protection against accidental purchases on this page of the Apple website.
For Android devices:
- Open the Play Market app.
- Tap the menu icon and select Settings.
- Press “Purchase Authentication.”
- Select one of the authentication options.
- For all Google Play purchases on this device. Authentication will be required for every content purchase on Google Play (including in-app purchases).
- Every 30 minutes. The system will request a password for purchases on Google Play once every 30 minutes. Please note: if you enter the password once using this authentication option, all subsequent purchases within the next 30 minutes won't require you to enter the password.
- Never. If you choose this option, the system will not ask for a password. As a result, anyone who accesses your mobile device will be able to make purchases. You will be liable for any account-related expenses.
Please note: All purchases in apps and games from the "For the whole family" section always require authentication, even if you have chosen different settings.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
You can also find more information about password protection and other methods on this page of the Google website.